Sunday, January 6, 2013

Belated HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2013

I try to be as accurate with the "Post Titles" as I am with my wax reviews. So last one was "Post Christmas" since it was posted on December 30th, and now even though its technically after New Year's, It's going to be a New Year's post!

Anyone got any NY's resolutions?  I don't, except to get out of my job that doesn't let me melt hardly at all because I work 60hours a week plus. Also, to write what I melt more often so I can be sure I get every scent that I have melted over the past week!

LOL You know we really love wax if we try to bend our hours to make more time for it!!

OK some stuff I have been melting so far:
Lil Kitchen Candles Serendipity- Reorder
BeauxSavonsFrais Sugar Cookie Dough Bread- Reorder!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Serendipity Noel- 6PACK!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Loopy Ice Cream Cake- Unlike most everyone, I am not a fruit loop fan.  I never really liked the cereal, nor did I like the smell.  I ordered this scent when it was a sale scent, figured it I was ever going to try a Fruit Loop scent, it was going to be while it was on sale!  It's OK to me, but you Fruit Loop lovers would LOVE IT!!!  I didn't even hate it.
Haley's Heavenly Scents Vanilla Bean Noel- I need this in a 6pack!! Smells great!!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Pink Sugar- Obviously a Reorder!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Pink Serendipity- Obviously a Reorder!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Pineapple Orchid- Fantastic!! I am going to get a 6pack of it blended with Pink Sugar!! YAY!
Shayz Scentz Pink Toastie Marshmallows- It's part of a six pack, its excellent!
Lasting Scent Candles Pink Sugar Buns- This one is good, but I like LSC's Pink Marshmallow Shortbread better.  PSB has a sour note to it that I don't care for, whereas PMS doesn't.
LSC Pink Marshmallow Shortbread- love!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Pink Sands- It's a spot on dupe and its part of a 6pack.  Its excellent!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Whipped Pink Peppermints- OK good news and bad news on this one.  First of all, its definitely a reorderable scent.  IF Haley's can make it anymore.  Peppermint was one of the Miami Erie oils.  I will explain the Miami Erie oil incident below.  So I am hoping she has found a dupe for it, because this was excellent!!
Haley's Heavenly Scents Granma's Pink Zucchini Bread- Definitely nice!! Reorderable!
Lil Kitchen Candles Pink Sparkletini- Great!  This one and her Serendipity had a very very nice throw!! :)
Shayz Scentz Minty Pink- REORDER!! REORDER!! Mostly pink with a hint of mint!! I'm not one to overdose on mint so this is perfect!
Front Porch Candle Pink Serendipity- Yeah it's good.  I'm not ordering in a 4pack though.  There are plenty of other vendors that carry serendipity.  But for those of you still ordering with FP, it's got the green light from me!


For those of you who are unaware, Front Porch Candle Company also has another company named Miami Erie, which sells oils to vendors and I believe regular customers as well.  Miami Erie made an announcement that they were no longer selling oils to vendors period.  Alot of the favorite vendors were out of certain scents that they would order from Miami Erie (thankfully, no one ordered ALL of their oils from ME!) At first, M.E. was going to cancel all of the orders, then after an uproar of customers and I'm sure vendors as well, decided to fulfill the orders that were already placed.

Now vendors are left with either trying to dupe their own scents or finding them somewhere else.  It's going to be very difficult.  I know vendors such as Haley's Heavenly Scents and Lil Kitchen Candles were affected by this change.   This is another reason I have decided to boycott Front Porch.  Bad business practices.  The price mark-ups are just icing on the cake, but the bad business practices are what pushed me over!

In case no one noticed, I LOVE Pink Sugar scents!! And I am loving Serendipity scents as well!! I am hoping to get Serendipity mixed with other stuff like Sugar Cookie Dough Bread, Pink Sugar Cookie Dough Bread, Pink Vanilla Bean Noel, Amish Bread, and some other combos!! If you guys have any ideas, please comment below!! Those are just ones I came up with off the top of my head!

Also BeauxSavonsFrais is reopening on Valentine's Day!! I am so excited for that! She is busy at work making TONS of soaps and wax melts for her big gigantic grand opening!! There are going to be lots of people clamoring over that site clicking quickly to make sure they get what they want in their cart!!  Lanie (CEO of BSF) is going to be RTS for a few months, recovering after she had her second child!  So make SURE you stay tuned and keep your eyes open for the time when she reopens!! It'll be TOTALLY worth it!!

I am getting in on some wax orders with my good wax friend Tiffany Nash!! Shayz Scentz for sure!! Need my six packs of Cinnamon Toast, Gingersnap, Warm Pink Vanilla Sugar, plus I want to try some of those zucchini blends that people talk so much about!! I am also going to retry Pink Grapefruit!! Hopefully this time it will throw like crazy! I love Grapefruit!  Tiffany is going to be picking a vendor that we split another order on.  I am hoping between Nene's Kitchen Melts or Cleanse Your Soul!  They both have great products and great scents!  Can't wait!

Thank you guys for reading into the new year and hope you continue to do so, as I try my best to provide a good solid foundation for wax reviews, even if they are sometimes few and far between!!

Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts on your wax and vendors!

No comments:

Post a Comment