Sunday, April 7, 2013

Love you LONG TIME!

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been writing my usual posts.  No new wax deliveries lately (I am SERIOUSLY!!!!! Going through withdrawals).  I am waiting on a HHS order, a BSF order (should be huge!), and my JLCCW order from April 2nd.

Before I forget, I did get a Granny's Kountry Candles order.  I ordered through a party, when there was a sale of a free butterball and 10 Scentshots with a $25 purchase.  I ordered butterballs in Island Lullabye, Pink Sugar, Wipeout, Passin' Time by the Poolside, Mango Tangerine, and a blend of 2 Pink Sugar and Grapefruit = Pinkest of Grapefruits.  I will look to see what scentshots I got. :)

I wasn't too impressed with the butterballs.  Don't get me wrong, they are CUTE!  And they have glitter in them and they smell good cold, but I don't get alot of throw from them.  I'm used to 14.5oz candles from BBW.. I don't know if it ruined my nose or what... but I don't get alot of scent from the butterballs and I haven't tried the scent shots yet!

I was one of the last to order from JLCCW so I don't expect that one for a while.  BBUUUTTTTT Janet is working on March1st-March 3rd orders now... and I ordered on March 1st... so I'm hoping sometime this week for that and maybe even (cross my fingers) BSF!

I really have to ask, has anyone gotten to the point that they literally actually did feel like they needed to make an order?? I need to go look at all the wax I have and tell myself that NOOOO I do NOT need to order more wax... but then I Look at all these companies and scents ... and I tell myself... yes.... YES I DO!! Confessions.... I need a priest!

So I have decided, since HHS should be open VERY soon, that I am going to wait and make an order from Janet when she reopens.  I think I can wait that long, which isn't long at all :)

Thinking about getting some unusual blends for me... like some cake batter ice cream blends... perhaps :)

Since I should be getting my order from March 1st soon, I will know which of the new oils that I like from HHS! :) :)

I have been trying to melt some "new to me" scents that I've gotten as samples and have shunned for the meantime.  I am melting BSF Loopy Serendipity Bread, S&S Strawberry Loopy Bread, and Tiffany's Serendipity Splash.

I am IN-CRED-IB-LY PICKY with scents.  Its easier to make a list of what I DO like than what I don't like!! Of course, my nose changes a little bit sometimes, over months.  But I will always, ALWAYS love Pink Sugar.  That is my baby and a must!  But everything else, even probably Serendipity, would probably wane on my nose if I melt it too much or melt it out of season.

Fruit Loops is one of these scents that I have A-VOIDED like the plague because I don't even like the actual cereal!  Anyone tried Quaker Oatmeal Squares?  It sounds terrible, like an old person, high fiber cereal.  But the blue box (they have different varieties with cinnamon and stuff) with brown sugar... tastes sooo good! And is all the sugar/sweetness I can handle, especially in the morning!

I got a few Loopy/Fruit Loop samples in a few packages... and decided OK I'm going to melt these today... and I can't believe it.  I actually LIKE THEM!  I kept telling my husband OMG I can't believe I'm liking this!

I've been melting scents from a RR, like Raspberry Guava Gelato from The Bathing Garden, Cranberry Marmalade Zucchini Bread from Rosegirls, and Front Porch Warm Vanilla and Sweet Sugar.  That was for a few days.  I haven't ordered from Rosegirls or The Bathing Garden before, so it was nice to have a few things to try!

I know alot of people order from Rosegirls.  Does anyone think its just too expensive?  Maybe its just because I don't have that much money to spend at one time.  But I would LOVE to one day be able to order!! They seem to have wonderful product, just hard to get in to order!

And then the Bathing Garden, I'm glad I was able to try them out because as I'm sure many of you have heard, many clamshells from vendors have a plastic smell, cold and warm.  Then of course, FP is FP!

In my bedroom, I've been melting scents like Shayz Pink Sunny Sand, HHS Flip Floppers, BSF Cotton Candy, HHS Pink Sugared Strawberry etc.  All great!  Definitely thinking about reordering all of these!!

However, word to the wise:  Paraffin is SMOOTH!  Palm is CRYSTALLIZED!  Palm will change the scent of the wax, especially if you liked it in paraffin first.  That is what happened with me.  I think that's why I had changed my mind about HHS's Granma's VBN ZB!  Because, back when I had mixed paraffin and palm up, I had tried it in paraffin, but ordered the six pack in palm.  The palm, to me, smells like cigarette ash.  YUCK!  So I am going to order a cup of it and try again!! MAKING SURE TO ORDER PARAFFIN!  lol (If I am wrong again, please let me know, I am pretty sure that I am right in assuming paraffin is smooth, I keep forgetting!)

Also, I've had another scent BREAKTHROUGH!  Another scent I don't like is banana.  Banana has that super sweet SWEET note that my nose just doesn't like.  HOWEVER!  I found out that I LOVE it with certain zucchini breads!! Mostly creamy zucchini breads!! Still need to try it with other vendors that allow blending!  I melted HHS Monkey Farts+Granma's Zucchini Bread, FP Monkey Farts, and HHS Pink SCDB!  Lovely Lovely!

That is the past few scent combos, which should cover me for the week!! :) Hope you guys have been melting and well!! Would love to hear some opinions and scents for me to try!!




No comments:

Post a Comment